Friday 27 March 2009

Ready for a cross stitch challenge?

I was just talking to Robin on the phone and we have come up with a great idea.......let's have a cross stitch challenge.

http://www.birdcrossstitch.com/CrossStitch/guide2.html Fina the bird section. Jenny Rasmussen is the designer....now scroll down and you will see that there are a couple of bird designs that are real prim. If you have trouble finding them, email me at robyn.regan@hotmail.com and I will send you the pattern.

The rules are:

Must use this peacock somewhere in your design.

Sign up here to join and link it to your blog.

Must have a finished piece done in 2 weeks.

This will be fun to see everyone's creativity. Oh and check out http://www.birdcrossstitch.com/ and there are heaps of things for free there....and blank charts to use.

Anyone can do this...I have just started cross stitching a couple of weeks ago. I am using an 18 count aida.....I wish I could use the 30 count linen I bought...can't see that good!!!!!!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi, is the pattern the one with the two peacocks and the basket in the middle? Just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right one. This is a great idea!!! Thanks so much for thinking of this.

Robby said...

Hi Leslie,

Yep that is the one. Are you in?

xxxRobby

primitivebettys said...

Interesting challenge.... I'll have to see if I can work it into my schedule. ;) I love peacocks!!

Gollywobbles said...

Hi Robby,
I signed up at Robyn's site, and here as well! Fixed the links on my blog, and I'm so sorry I got you both confused! Hugs, ~Sam

My Colonial Home said...

Oh Robby I sure wish I had time to do this...I'm barely finding time to do anything these days...i do miss out on lots of things with this schedule....even though I love it.
Sort of a bitter sweet thingy going on here.
Karen

Ann said...

Hi Robby,

I'd like to enter your challenge. I've linked on my blog today. This is a great idea and I love the peacocks.

~Ann

appleberrycottage said...

I'll enter! I was just using part of this pattern earlier in the week. I used the peacock and added some elements from some historical Pennsylvania samplers to create a little pinkeep.
Laura

Robby said...

Thaks for entering girls ...it is going to be fun. xxxRobby