Wednesday 1 April 2009

Bond Helicopter Crash


I really wanted to keep this as a 'business' blog...but as I sit here trying to be happy for my baby who just turned 10....I am struggling.

My husband works in the helicopter industry. Aberdeen is an oil city and people fly out to the rigs...well today a Bond helicopter crashed and 10 people are confirmed dead and 6 are still missing. It is so devestating. My husband works for Bristow Helicopters and there are talks of redundancies...we were worried about that...then something like this happens and it makes you put things into perspective. I would hope you all would say a little prayer for the families and for the workers at Bond Helicopters. I feel for them all. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7977095.stm

6 comments:

ohiofarmgirl said...

This sounds so terrrible...how sad for all those families.
On a lighter note, my peacock is pitcured on my blog if you want to take a peek... hope you like it. Dianntha

Robby said...

It sure is sad Dianntha. We have painted on a happy face for Brennan's birthday...

will check out your peacock...and post the image tomorrow.

xxxRobby

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

How sad for everyone involved. Prayers going up from here in Texas! Hugs to ya...tw

Robin Leuschen said...

Wow... Praying for the families of the victims of the crash... Hope Brenny has a great day and you and Pete can enjoy it !
Robin

Gollywobbles said...

Very sad news. Sending hugs and prayers! ~Sam

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Robby - oh how horrible. Praying for all the families of this awful incident and pray for you and Pete as well that can come out of the prospect of having to move because of Pete's job...but they say there is a silver lining in most everything so I know there will be one there for you as well.

And....being a child of Brennan's age - I'm sure he didn't feel any of the sadness you and Pete are feeling at this time. Children can be very perceptive but I know you did everything you could to make it a happy day for him and he didn't feel the impact of what you are feeling.

Hugs, Karen